Monday, April 25, 2011

'Smores Cupcake Entry #3

This week I will be making a 'smores cupcake. When I think of 'smores I think of a nice summer night gathered around the campfire. The most important component to a 'smore is the marshmallow. Nothing beats a golden brown marshmallow that it slightly crisp on the outside and gooey in the center. To replicate this summertime treat I will make a chocolate cupcake with a marshmallow frosting complete with a light dusting of graham crackers. For the chocolate cake I will use my usual chocolate cake recipe. I really want a nice marshmallow taste for my frosting. I will make frosting how I usually do but add in marshmallow cream. The marshmallow cream will give it that recognizable marshmallow taste. For the graham cracker dusting I will smash up some graham crackers and sprinkle it on top. Hopefully if all goes well the end result will be a delicious 'smores cupcake!

2 comments:

  1. Reading your posts make me want to try your cupcakes! Are you going to put up recipes at all for these or are they secret recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not wait to try these cupcakes! I want the recipes you come up with!

    ReplyDelete