Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mocha Toffee Brownies Results!

The brownies tasted fantastic. It had a nice smooth texture like I had hoped it would turn out. Before making the brownies I felt nervous about the coffee because I have never made my own coffee before and my parents aren't coffee drinkers. I read the package of the instant coffee and realized that even my coffee illiterate self could manage to make it. I just needed to combine hot water to the coffee granules and stir! After I conquered the coffee I felt confident about the other steps that I had to complete. Once I mixed all the ingredients together I tasted the batter and it tasted wonderful. It tasted like coffee but wasn't too overwhelming. The chocolate and the coffee flavors married well together. I then poured the batter into the baking dish, and added the crushed toffee on top of it. I placed the mixture into the oven. When it came out I tasted the brownies and they tasted scrumptious. The coffee flavor had baked out some while in the oven but tasted obvious that they had coffee in them. This brownie is perfect for any coffee lover!

No comments:

Post a Comment