Monday, May 23, 2011

Mocha Toffee Brownies!

This week I will attempt to make Mocha Toffee Brownies. Through numerous experiments and taste tests I have learned that coffee and chocolate go well together. So I thought why not take the classic brownie and add a spin to it! I also really like toffee and decided to add it in for the heck of it. I will start off by preheating the oven to 350 degrees and greasing a 9 inch pan to prevent the brownies from sticking. I then will combine coffee and water until dissolved and set aside. I am nervous about the coffee part as I never brew my own coffee so hopefully it turns out right. Over low heat I will melt butter and chocolate until melted and set aside. While that cools off I am going to combine flour, sugar, unsweetened cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Once incorporated I will add the coffee, melted chocolate, vanilla and eggs. Once combined I will spread it evenly into my greased 9 inch pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Once baked I will sprinkle evenly with toffee. If all goes right this brownie should taste heavenly!

No comments:

Post a Comment