Monday, May 9, 2011
Reflection Entry #7
I started off doing this project hoping to improve on my blog writing skills and expanding my cupcake repertoire. I came away with a better understanding of how to write a successful blog and three new cupcakes. My first cupcake took some trial and error to master the root beer butter cream. I found out that extraction has a much more potent flavor than root beer reduction. My second cupcake, 'smores, was somewhat easy to perfect. I did however find out that it takes two jars of marshmallow fluff to obtain the taste of marshmallow in butter cream, and can get rather thick! My third cupcake was my ambitious one. After going to three grocery stores and two convenient stores I finally found strawberry Kool-Aid. At first I was nervous adding Kool-Aid because of the potent taste of the powder. But after I added in the strawberries, and lemon rind to the sweet white cake batter it balanced out. It tasted very much like the Strawberry Surf Rider smoothie at Jamba Juice. As far as my language aspect of the project I feel that my descriptive writing has become stronger. It also forced me to use a variety of words when describing the flavor of my cupcakes. Looking back on the past month I realized that I had a lot of fun doing this project, and realized that I was more motivated to do my homework. I was more motivated because my end product is the class sampling each of my cupcakes, which meant that I actually had to do the work to ensure that the product tasted okay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Shawna, sometimes I hate reading your blog posts because I always get hungry afterwards. Your writing is very descriptive! I can imagine the deliciousness in my mind!
ReplyDeleteShawna....I WANT A CUPCAKE!! Lol very well done project
ReplyDeleteI'm hungry. Normally cookbooks and cooking shows etc. make me really bored, but you wrote your entries in a way that were actually interesting and easy to read all the way through.
ReplyDelete