Sunday, May 8, 2011
Strawberry Dream Machine Cupcake Entry #6
After a wild goose chase to find Strawberry Kool-Aid I was finally able to make the strawberry dream machine cupcake. At first I was a little apprehensive about being bold this week and trying something totally new. But after tasting the batter I knew I had made the right decision. To make the cake I started with a white cake batter and added to it lemon zest, a package of strawberry Kool-Aid, and thawed frozen strawberries. Once it was all mixed together it had a bright pink color to it. I then tasted the batter and it had a tart taste to it. The cupcakes that I usually make are rich and decadent so I liked that this one had a tartness to it. I then put them in the oven to bake. Once they were done I made a lemon butter cream by combining fresh lemon juice and zest to my original tried and true butter cream. It tasted fantastic! It had a light and fresh taste to it that wasn't too sweet or too tart. It had the perfect balance. The finished product tasted tart and sweet. I liked the fact that there were bits of strawberry throughout the cake, it added an extra texture to the cupcake that was quite pleasing. The cupcake reminded me of a drink at Jamba Juice called Strawberry Surf Rider! I can't wait to share this cupcake with the class!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Shawna, this sounds amazing. I love how creative this sounds. I'm dying to try this.
ReplyDeleteWow is all I can say. I would never have thought about putting Kool-Aid in a Cupcake mix. Great Job
ReplyDeleteI LOVE CUPCAKES.
ReplyDeleteThis cupcake sounds awesome! all I have to say is that I better get to try at least one of these!
ReplyDeleteI WANT THIS CUPCAKE RIGHT THIS SECOND! I'm sitting in lawless's and i'm staving and i'm reading about these cupcakes and my stomach is growling even more!
ReplyDeleteso all of the cupcakes sound amazing, but i really want this one. And the offer is still out there if you need a taste tester because i love eating.
ReplyDelete